Live at Buddakan

We had my birthday dinner at Buddakan last night. My picture came out dark and grainy so I tried to lighten it, but that made me look like an apparition. Then I accidentally closed the photo program without canceling the changes so it saved the ghost me as a permanent edit. Eek!
For the record I am a live person, the Buddakan sign is red, and I am ecru.

Buddakan is a Philly favorite acclaimed for it's dramatic decor and upscale pan-Asian cuisine. In the calming presence of a waterfall wall and huge gilded Buddha statue, my husband had the eel appetizer and sesame crusted tuna, I had the crab meat with wakame and wasabi crusted filet mignon. Buddakan is also an excellent place to check out current fashions. I spotted a lot of leopard clothing and shiny fabrics, and noticed a number of women sported leggings under dresses. It was just like being back in the 80's except my hair was smaller and it didn't take all day to get ready. I wore a BCBG kimono dress and a long Tahari duster with my latest blue kicks ( I have a thing for both blue shoes and red shoes) and Chanel's Black Satin nail polish.

I also wore my own Glamorosi earrings in the photo at right. They are the same as the ones you all liked back in this post except they are made of vintage Italian acrylic instead of glass. In photos they look similar to my sophisticated and elegant mystic topaz earrings, but in person they are larger and funkier. I have a very limited quantity for sale. They are sterling with clear lucite rounds with splashes of black, copper and metallic blue. The photo has been enlarged to show detail: actual length is approx. 2.5", the beads are approx. 15mm. They sell for $40. - email me to order.

Finally, because I am amused by synchronicity, I simply cannot sign off without noting that Cheap Trick is playing Philly tonight at the TLA on South Street. Cool.

See you Friday.