Bird is the Word


In my last post I told you I had some exciting news... I have a little ad in BUST Magazine! It's in the Product Showcase on page 109 of the Dec/Jan '09 issue with Jenny Lewis on the cover. It's a paid spot - not a feature or review - but it's my first and I'm proud of it.

For the ad I used the Raven Earrings shown above. Many people think ravens are unlucky, but in some cultures having one land on your roof is a sign of impending fortune. That's how I see them, and they're a recurring theme in my work; right now there are three raven items in my Etsy shop.

Speaking of my store, the holiday season is upon us and I've been listing new pieces. All of my jewelry is beautifully gift-boxed year-round, and I'm offering free shipping from Black Friday (11/28) through New Year's Day. Stop by early for the best selection.

Gems and Findings

  • Congratulations to my etsyBEAD teammate Studio Marcy; one of her lampwork beads was featured in the "Etsy Finds: Top Ten Turkeys" feature on 11/26 in the The Storque.
  • Take a look at the colorful artwork by my Philly Etsy teammate Pigeons in the Attic.
  • Check out the fab feather hair accessories by Bethany Lorelle, and feel free to buy me the wide peacock headband that goes from ear to ear (I'm talking to you Mr. Glamorosi).
Pearls of Wisdom
If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
~ Chinese proverb
♥ ♥ ♥