Give the Lady a Hand

Today, April 4th, is a momentous occasion: please put your hands together and join me in wishing the very fabulous Mama Glamorosi a happy and healthy 75th birthday. We're going to have a lovely celebration in a special location, but shhh! - I can't say anything more about it now. I'll relay the details in a future post.

Mr. Glamorosi took the photo of us holding hands. It’s hard to tell from the picture but my Mother and I have identical extremities and it makes us giggle to look at each other. What we love even more though is taking ugly pictures - we play this game where we put ghastly photos of ourselves in pretty frames and then show them to company as if we think we look beautiful. It's always hilarious watching people struggle for the right words. Meanwhile, those of you who own my jewelry have seen one of my Mom's many gorgeous photos; I use one of her modeling shots on my company literature.

Happy Birthday Mom, I love you to the stars and back!

Gems and Findings
  • Handmade Philly is a member-run collective for emerging and established artists, crafters and designers from the city and its suburbs. Some members are currently involved in a group project called Philly Makes in which the participants choose themes then create and post new items each week. I’ll be joining the challenge beginning next week.
  • Handmade in PA (HiP) is a blog dedicated to “supporting arts and crafts in the keystone state”. Stop by every Saturday in April for articles about improving your blog with topics including branding, search engine optimization and microblogging.
  • Byhand.me is a new social networking site where artists share photos and ideas, curate showcases, read interviews with leaders in the art and craft worlds and more. It’s free to join and easy to set up a page in the artisan directory. Mine’s not completely done (it needs more pics) but you can see my entry here.
Pearls of Wisdom

If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you've made me smile, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand.
~Anonymous

In art the hand can never execute anything higher than the heart can inspire.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

♥ ♥ ♥