Religion is the Smile on a Dog

Hi everyone! I am still without my own computer and steady internet access, but I wanted to let you all know I miss you and I’m thinking of you, and I appreciate the emails and Christmas cards. Thank you all for the holiday orders too! I get to do this job I love because you are willing to trade your hard-earned pay for my jewelry. Thank you.

The photo above is me and my girl Brownie. She was a stray I fed for months but she always ran from me, then one day she just walked in, jumped on the sofa, and went to sleep. We’ve been inseparable ever since. This photo was taken that day, and always reminds me of lyrics from “What I Am” by Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians. It’s just a simple sentiment from a simple song, but I totally believe every word of it:

Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box
Religion is the smile on a dog

The other day my husband and I were walking Brownie and in the distance could see a mother and her four barely-school-aged kids walking toward us; as they got closer then passed we realized they were singing the theme from The Sound of Music in pitch-perfect ethereal harmony. It stopped us in our tracks because religion can be a song on a street corner too. No matter what you believe, or how and where you find it, I hope this season inspires you and leaves an undeniable smile on your face.

Happy Hanukkah! Happy Kwaanza! Merry Christmas Y’all!
Festivus for the rest of us!

Long Live James Brown.

XO, Glamorosi