GlamorInky Friday #18

I love all kinds of artwork – everything from the Old Masters to Pop Art – it makes me happy. The sculpture above is of one of my favorites, LOVE by Robert Indiana. I took the photo last week on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania, and it gave me an idea for GlamorInky Friday #18.

During our last game I explained the meaning of GlamorInky: “…the first half of the word is part of my name and is about glamour, the second part, “Inky”, means “winner” in sweepstakes lingo. GlamorInky Friday is a trivia game for glamorous winners. It is generally about gemstones and jewelry, but not always…”. This is one of those games that falls into the “not always” category.

For Glamorinky Friday #18 I want you to tell me what you love. It can be anything – flowers, rain, the color pink – just name what makes your heart sing (but please, keep your answers “G-rated”; my Mother reads my blog).

One winner will be chosen at random and I will turn what they love into a piece of jewelry. Keep in mind that the prize will be an interpretation. For example, if the winner loves diamonds, I may make something with diamond-shaped stones, or faux diamonds, or something else that reminds me of diamonds.

To submit your entry click on “comments” at the bottom of this post.
You must be registered with Blogger to leave a comment on this blog.
Comments are moderated to keep spam at bay.

One entry per person/household, one answer per person, 18+, USA only, entry deadline 11:59 PM August 31, 2008. The winner will be announced on this blog on or around September 8, 2008. You must come back to this blog to see if you won. Estimated ARV: definitely more than $20., probably less than $100. For the complete official rules click here.

Gems and Findings
  • I love George Michael - I've been a fan since the 80's. I finally saw him in person on July 26 when Mr. Glamorosi and I attended his 25Live concert here in Philly, and he was phenomenal. His voice was so completely flawless that several times during the show it brought tears to my eyes, and afterwards I considered following the tour around like a Deadhead. If I was reviewing the concert I would dot all my "i's" with hearts; Mr. Glamorosi used a normal font in his review for The Philadelphia Inquirer.
  • I love weddings with all my heart, and I love designing custom jewelry for bridal parties. I've been doing it for ages but only recently added it to my shop announcement - I thought I'd mention it here in case you missed it.
  • I love beads, especially the pretty florals by lampwork artist Carla Beyerlein. She is a member of the Etsy Team called LEST (Lampwork Etc. Street Team), and for their August promotion each member has selected a charity to receive all or part of their proceeds. Carla has chosen to donate 100% of the profits from all heart beads sold this month to California Heart Connection, an organization that helps families with children who have congenital heart defects. You can see her lovely lampwork by visiting her shop, Heart Of Glass Beads, and find out what the rest of the team is offering by clicking here.
Pearls of Wisdom

All you need is love, love. Love is all you need.
~Lennon/McCartney

♥ ♥ ♥