The Gothic Wedding Challenge - November 2008

It's been a wild ride since I last wrote, and I mean that literally. Mr. Glamorosi and I were in an awful car accident on our way to a jewelry show a few weeks ago. We were injured but we're okay, and we have an extra-long list of things to be grateful for as we gather at the Thanksgiving table this year.

The upside for those of you who wear my jewelry is that because I didn't make it to the show, I have a lot of items made specifically for that event that will now be sold in my online shop. Over the next week I'll be listing one-of-a-kind pieces made with gorgeous artisan glass mixed with Swarovski crystal.

In other news, I put together a new Etsy Street Team for designers who make luxury goods for upscale weddings. We're called The Bridal Dream Team and this week we launched of our first design challenge - Gothic Weddings. You can see all of the entries on our team blog and vote until 8 PM on November 23.

The piece I entered is the Gothic Wedding Collar shown above; it's made of faceted hematite and Swarovski crystal. I wasn't able to capture it in the photo, but it's very glittery in person. The open lace-like weave is an original pattern inspired by my love of Victorian fashion, Arthurian tales and Gothic horror.

While I was pondering vampire movies, Mr. Glamorosi was talking about Danish film with actor Seann William Scott (American Pie, Dude Where's My Car?, Role Models) for Blurt-Online.com; you can read the interview here.

I'll be back on Black Friday - I have some cool news to tell you.

XO,
Glamorosi

11/28: Editing to add my piece came in 3rd Place - thank you everyone!

♥ ♥ ♥