Red-Tailed Hawk in Philadelphia, PA

Hello and welcome to my first blog post of 2011. I'll get back to talking about fashion, food and entertainment soon, but for the next few posts I want to show you something different...

We live in the middle of a bustling commercial zone in Philly, so people are often surprised when I tell them we share our neighborhood with a several species of hawks.

In this photo a red-tailed hawk surveys our garden from the roof of a neighboring business. I believe it is a female because of her size (females are larger than males); she appears to be around 26-27 inches from head to tail.

This particular hawk is one of several that stop by our deck on a daily basis. She has a loud, clear voice - hearing her call and watching her through the window while I make jewelry is thrilling.

XO,
Glamorosi

♥ ♥ ♥