GlamorInky #16

I’ve been collecting vintage photos for years - I buy them and inherit them and people give them to me as gifts… at first the people in the photos are strangers, but after a while they acquire names and become so familiar to me that the line is blurred between my real relatives and my photo family. There’s no mistaking the lovely woman pictured above though because it's Mama Glamorosi!

My Mother has spent most of her life as a professional singer and musician, but in the 50’s and early 60’s she also worked as a model; shown above is an extra shot from her portfolio (that will definitely be showing up in future Glamorosi ads). When she gave me this photo she pointed something out that made me go "awww".

For Glamorinky #16 your game is to take a long look at this picture and figure out what my Mom showed me. Email your name and answer to
this address. Please do not post any GlamorInky answers anywhere on the internet, it takes the fun out of it. Correct entries will be included in a drawing for one pair of sterling, glass, and horn cherry earrings (style#800E, ARV $48.) inspired by my Mom's cool fruit jewelry from the 40's and 50's. They will be just like the pair currently featured in the upper-right hand corner of this page.

The winner's name will be posted on this blog on or around June 4, 2007. If you are the winner please contact me using the same email address you used to enter the contest.

No purchase necessary; a purchase of any kind will not increase your chances of winning. GlamorInky #16 starts 5-01-07 and ends at noon EST on 5-31-07. One entry per person/household, age 18+, USA only.
Read the OFFICIAL RULES and PRIVACY POLICY


Now here’s your clue: "M" is for the many things she gave me...

Good Luck!

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

S. P. (shameless plug) After you're done emailing your GlamorInky entry stop by the Harp Magazine site and check out Mr. Glamorosi's interviews with Nick Cave, Bright Eyes, Porter Wagoner and more. The Nick Cave piece is the cover story of the May 2007 issue.

Next week: When will I have enough beads? Never. Come back and check out my newest baubles from my latest shopping spree. See you then!

Credits:
Photo published with permission from Mama Glamorosi

Lyric (from clue): Howard Johnson, 1915

♥ ♥ ♥