Full Circle


In previous posts I hinted at some news I wanted to tell you...

Stylish women in the Philadelphia area can now find their favorite jewelry and accessories by Glamorosi at Evangeline, a plus-size boutique that's been a hit since its grand opening last summer. Evangeline is a full-service fashion salon with clothing and accessories by well-known designers, indie favorites, and local artisans, and they host trunk shows and events on a regular basis. The store is currently moving from Germantown to its new home on South Street (520 S. 4th Street, Mon-Sat 11-8, Sun 12-6), and will re-open on Saturday, February 16.

It’s been a while since I’ve had a bricks-and-mortar gig. I started out by selling to boutiques only, but later my focus shifted to shows and jewelry parties and doing my own thing… Last year when I started mapping out my goals for 2008, one of them was to get back into stores, so the unexpected opportunity from Evangeline in mid-December was a most amazing gift.

It was also kind of funny because you know that saying “Change your hair, change your life”? I got the Evangeline order about an hour after I cut off all of my hair! It’s true! After spending most of my life with super-long hair (except for the 80’s when I had super-huge hair), I got a short, angled bob from Nick at the HeaD AreA Salon at Matthew Izzo on Walnut Street, and I love it.

Last week in The Philadelphia Inquirer, Michael Klein reported that Pileggi Boutique has been sold to Andrea Chila, a Drexel grad with a background with Diane von Furstenberg and BCBG Max Azria. Pileggi carried my jewelry early on – thank you Mark – and when owner Joan Pileggi wore one of my Rock Crystal Wilma Necklaces to accept the City of Hope Award in the summer of 2003, it made my small, new company stand out.

This week I've come full circle; my very first order went out to Plage Tahiti six years ago on February 9 – thank you Robin – and my jewelry was in their window five days later on Valentine’s Day of 2002. I never mention Glamorosi anniversaries because it’s like seeing a deer in the woods – you want to tell your friends to look, but you know if you do it might run away… I’m still wary of making noise around the numbers, but I’m so thrilled I'm going to chance a whisper – I’m six now! Thanks everyone! Shhhhh!

I'm celebrating by adding a few lampwork heart beads to my personal collection including the beauty below by artist Liza Jayne of Bead A Little Dream. I’ll show you the rest in a future post. I also found some fabulous Valentine’s Day gifts for Mr. Glamorosi: the gorgeous handmade lace A Rouge and A Villain cuffs are from Grandma Was A Floozy, and the cool, perfectly slouchy Metroplex tam is from Electric Bluebird. The photos below are on loan from the respective artists. The Cagework Circle Pendant in Pearl at the top of the page is by me, Glamorosi

Happy Valentine’s Day!




Gems and Findings

  • Darren Aronofsky (Pi, Requiem for a Dream, The Fountain) is in town filming The Wrestler starring Mickey Rourke. Mr. Glamorosi hung out on set during the filming and interviewed both the director and actor. You can read his on-scene report in Philadelphia City Paper The scenes were shot at The New Alhambra, an arena in South Philly that also hosts concerts - The New York Dolls are playing there tonight (Feb. 14) at 6:00 pm.
  • Hipsterville, the Philadelphia-based ebay shop known for its vintage rock star fashions, is changing its name to 28 Crash to match its sister-shop on Etsy and the new online boutique opening later this month at 28Crash.com The site will feature in-house designs as well as vintage pieces.
  • The Hunt for One's Desire, last week's scavenger hunt for hearts and prizes hosted by the etsyBEAD Street Team, was a huge success and a lot of fun for the players and participating shops. You can check out the winners list and see what the group is up to on the etsyBEAD Team Blog
Pearls of Wisdom

I do, I do, I do. ~ Me, to Mr. Glamorosi, August 31, 2000

♥ ♥ ♥