GlamorInky Friday #18 – Winner Announced

For GlamorInky Friday #18 I was inspired by one of my favorite modern sculptures, LOVE by Robert Indiana. I asked readers to tell me what they love, and I promised to pick one person at random and turn their answer into a piece of jewelry. One name was chosen from the 101 entries, and the winner of the 18th GlamorInky game is… PRINCESS GOLDEN HAIR!

The list of things for which Princess Golden Hair professed her love included “…waterfalls, oceans, and lakes...”, so for her prize I made earrings with lentil-shaped Aqua Terra Jasper, a natural stone with shades of teal and beige that recall the surf and sand. For sparkle I added aqua apatite in faceted rondelles and ovals, for shine I used sterling silver faceted rounds and ribbed spacers, and then the pieces were hung from sterling fishhook earwires. The earring length is almost 2.5", the ARV is $48.

Congratulations Princess Golden Hair! To claim your prize email me at this address.

I'll be making more of this style, so for anyone else who would like a pair, the earrings and the coordinating necklace and bracelet will be listed in my Etsy shop by the first week of October. Editing to add: I sold out of these items before I had a chance to list them in my shop - I may have more in November - stay tuned.

Meanwhile, this is a short post because I'm busy making a piece for an upcoming design challenge and also preparing for several shows and my annual Day of the Dead rush, but I am still available for consultations and custom orders so don’t be shy about contacting me.

Thanks everyone for playing!

XO,
Glamorosi
♥ ♥ ♥