Cooking Class at La Cucina at the Market - Reading Terminal - Philadelphia PA

By REESE AMOROSI

Growing up in an Italian family, I started cooking as a child, but I never felt comfortable with seafood. So, over the weekend I took a class called "Fish Without Fear" at La Cucina at the Market in the Reading Terminal here in Philadelphia, PA. The hands-on class was taught by Betty Kaplan, an engaging instructor who led us through four styles: sautéing, poaching, roasting and cooking en papillote (in paper). We also learned how to shop for and handle fish, how to locate and remove the bones, and a wealth of cooking tips and advice Ms. Kaplan gathered from her years working with gourmet chefs.

The three-hour lesson was fast-paced but easy to follow and retain, and the food we prepared was aesthetically pleasing and delicious. Going into the class I was especially excited to learn how to steam fish in parchment, and that dish – halibut with fresh vegetables and pesto – turned out to be my favorite of the day. I cannot wait to dazzle my friends and family with my new skills.

This was my first time taking a class at La Cucina at the Market. It is an airy kitchen outfitted with high-end appliances and a wishlist-worthy collection of All-Clad cookware and Wusthof knives. For more info about the space and upcoming classes visit their website at LaCucinaattheMarket.com

La Cucina at the Market
Reading Terminal Market
12th and Arch
Philadelphia, PA
215.922.1170

To read more posts about food, tea, fashion, gardening and events: GlamorosiMagazine.com

♥ ♥ ♥